Discussion 1 (300 words and 2-3 credible references)
Vaccination mandates have long been used in the U.S. to optimize protection of the population against a broad array of communicable diseases. The most notable examples include measles, mumps, polio, and smallpox vaccination.
Should HPV vaccination be added to the list of vaccinations deemed to be compulsory? Why or why not? (Note: Be sure to support your responses with evidence from your ; failure to do so will result in point deductions.)
Discussion 2 (300 words and 2-3 credible references)
After reading and reviewing the required materials of draft a position paper informed by what you learned from this background information. For this assignment, your position paper should take a position on HPV vaccination.
· Bhattacharya, D. (2013). Chapter 8: HPV vaccination. In Public health policy: Issues, theories, and advocacy. (pp. 213–244). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
· Abiola, S. E., Colgrove, J., & Mello, M. M. (2013). The politics of HPV vaccination policy formation in the United States. Journal of Health Politics, Policy, and Law, 38(4), 645–681.
· Xavier University Library. (2014). How to write a position paper. Retrieved from http://www.xavier.edu/library/students/documents/position_paper.pdf
· Bhattacharya, D. (2013). Chapter 1: The role of law: Agencies, legislatures, courts, and the Constitution. In Public health policy: Issues, theories, and advocacy. (pp. 3–43). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
· Bhattacharya, D. (2013). Chapter 4: The role of politics: Players, processes, and power. In Public health policy: Issues, theories, and advocacy. (pp. 99–139). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
· Malone, K. M., & Hinman, A. R. (2007). Vaccination mandates: The public health imperative and individual rights. In R. A. Goodman (Ed.), Law in Public Health Practice (pp. 262-284). New York: Oxford University Press. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/guides-pubs/downloads/vacc_mandates_chptr13.pdf
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 20% Discount! Use Code GET20