Marriott (1997) explains, “The discussion of land-use and development impacts are often combined with community effects, relocations, travel patterns, and economic effects under an umbrella term of socioeconomic impacts” (p. 61). Choose one of these socioeconomic factors, which are found in Chapters 5 through 9, and address the following three topics in detail: Discuss the importance of evaluating the chosen factor, including the consequences that might result from failure to consider the chosen socioeconomic impact on the community. Describe any difficulties that might be present when determining the cumulative impacts. Provide and discuss an example of how the socioeconomic factor chosen has affected your community due to a project within your local area.
Your paper should include an introduction with a developed thesis statement to set up the paper as well as a concluding paragraph that sums up your discussion. Additionally, your assignment must be two to four double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. You must use at least two scholarly sources as well as your text to provide sufficient detail of the topics listed above.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Link to other tutorials for ENV 333
Just click on Assignment/Discussion name to go to respective tutorial. · ENV 333 Week 1 Assignment ( Environmental Documents and Processing )
· ENV 333 Week 1 Discussion ( NEPA )
· ENV 333 Week 2 Assignment ( Socioeconomic Factors )
· ENV 333 Week 2 Discussion ( Economics )
· ENV 333 Week 3 Assignment ( Final Paper Outline )
· ENV 333 Week 3 Discussion ( Public Participation )
· ENV 333 Week 4 Assignment ( Case Study Environmental Impact )
· ENV 333 Week 4 Discussion ( Geology and Soils )
· ENV 333 Week 5 Assignment ( Mock Draft EIS )
· ENV 333 Week 5 Discussion ( EA EIS Recommendations )