Length: 6, Times New Roman, 12 point font Mla or Apa Format
In 2016, the United Nations adopted the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs are 17 broad ranging goals in areas such as urban planning, water use, education, health, and gender equality. These goals are intended to provide a framework to guide countries over the next 15 years as they work to combat inequality, poverty, and climate change on a global scale.
Explore the UN Sustainable Development Goals website and select one SDG that is of interest to you to learn more about. Based on the information provided on the UN SDG website, what is the goal and what does this goal seek to achieve?
Then, select a specific initiative related to the goal to focus on in your research. Describe this initiative and analyze the relationship between the specific initiative and the overall goal. You must conduct research using the GCC Library Databases to identify three scholarly articles focusing on the broad topic area of the goal. Does the scholarly research support this type of initiative in achieving this goal?
Finally, based on the research you have conducted, how do both the broader SDG and the specific initiative relate to the concepts of IPE and economic development outlined in Chapter 7 of your textbook?
• You must include a clear thesis statement detailing what you plan to argue in your paper.
• You must demonstrate a clear understanding of your chosen SDG.
• You must demonstrate a clear understanding of the concepts of international political economy presented in your textbook.
• You must clearly identify the relationship between your chosen SDG and the concepts of development presented in your textbook.
• Your paper should incorporate the textbook’s coverage of international political economy, information from the UN Sustainable Development Goals website, as well as three outside scholarly sources.
• You must include a minimum of two direct quotes from each scholarly source.
• All direct quotes and textual references must be properly cited within the text according to MLA or APA standards.
• You must include a Works Cited page.
• Refer to the rubric provided.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 20% Discount! Use Code GET20