This is a two-part essay assignment that results in one essay. You are eligible to earn 100. Your goal is to demonstrate that you can apply course concepts to your personal experience in a group.
General Guidelines for the Essay:
1) 900 words (3-5 pages) addressing your experience in small group communication this semester.
2) The purpose of the paper is to reflect on your group’s experience (Part 1) and to give advice to a student entering college this coming semester (Part 2).
3) The essay must include an introductory paragraph, body paragraphs sufficient to support the claim, a concluding paragraph, and a Reference List in APA form.
4) The essay must use resources (notes from each group meeting, the textbook, and one other peer-reviewed source) acknowledged appropriately with in-text citations in APA form.
5) The essay will show how a course concept helps to explain what happened in the group (Part 1) and a course concept taught to another student (your reader) to make them successful in next semester’s group experience (Part 2).
6) Your essay is due at the start of the class session where it is due. Late papers are not eligible for course points. Anticipate problems with computers and printers and plan in advance. An electronic copy of the essay should be submitted in the assignment folder below.
Use a 12pt Times New Roman font, double-spaced, with one inch margins