lease review the following links which discuss Run On Sentence Errors and Comma Splice Sentence Errors.
https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/598/02/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/runons.htm (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
After reviewing the links above, please identify each sentence below as either a RUN ON (R) sentence error or a COMMA SPLICE (C)sentence error. You may indicate the sentence error by writing either a C or R next to the sentence. Once you have identified the sentence error, please write a corrected sentence using one of the 3 methods which are discussed in the above links. Also, please remember that the BEST METHOD and most obvious method that should be used to correct run on sentences and comma splices is the use of a PERIOD (.)
1. The skating rink was extremely crowded, skaters were unable to safely maneuver around on the hardwood floor.
2. Jessie does not have enough money for his security deposit he is unable to move in to his new apartment this month.
3. I am a big fan of books written by Laurel K. Hamilton her books are considered the best in that genre.
4. We drove around lost in the dark for an hour we did not reach our destination until after midnight.
5. Replacing the old refrigerator was okay for our household budget, we could not afford a new hot water heater.
6. The police officers were able to diffuse the tense neighborhood standoff peacefully some citizens were still dissatisfied with the outcome.
7. Tammy is looking forward to her upcoming vacation she plans to visit historic castles in Europe.
8. No one is exempt from paying taxes we trust that our government uses our tax dollars wisely.
9. Arthur is a Washington Redskins fan, he has season tickets for all of the team’s home and away games.
10. My paycheck was ready to be picked up on Friday, I decided to pick it up the following Monday.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 20% Discount! Use Code GET20