Received some help on this, but still confused and looking for a little more help.
The PV factor at 6% for 12 years = 8.887
The annual rental payment is $27,850
How do I use this to determine the following journal entries?
Leased equipment asset
This is the data provided for the calculations:
On January 1, 2018, Capital Corp. leased equipment to Hinton Corporation. The following information pertains to this lease.
1. The term of the noncancelable lease is 12 years, with no renewal option. The equipment reverts to the lessor at the termination of the lease.
2. Equal rental payments are due on January 1 of each year, beginning in 2018.
3. The fair value of the equipment on January 1, 2018, is $247,500, and its cost is $198,000.
4. The equipment has an economic life of 16 years. Hinton depreciates all of its equipment on a straight-line basis.
5. Capital set the annual rental to ensure a 6% rate of return. Hinton’s incremental borrowing rate is 4%, and the implicit rate of the lessor is unknown.
6. Collectability of lease payments is reasonably predictable, and no important uncertainties surround the amount of costs yet to be incurred by the lessor.
Comments are closed.